Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HWY 288 Wire Cutters Revisited



If there is one tool I don't need it's a diagonal wire cutter.  I have at least 6 or more, I've found at least 3 in the past 5 years and like screwdrivers I don't bother picking them up unless I'm really bored or the opportunity is too easy to ignore.  Such was the case when I picked up this wire cutter.  I reported my find in an earlier post, but I had no real desire to stop and pick it up on a dangerous piece of Hwy 288.  As luck would have it traffic was really bad for almost a week and I picked up several tools in a weeks time including this wire cutter.

There are no markings on this tool, but it was probably used by an electrician or apprentice at one time since the handles were double insulated.  The blades are in excellent condition.  There was a little surface rust on the handle due to recent rain, but I cleaned and oiled the metal so the rust seems to have abated.  Hopefully I won't find another wire cutter any time soon.  I'll count and report the true total some time in the not too distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment