Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fort Bend Tollway - Hand Held Sledge Hammer




Scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore!!! I saw this drilling sledge hammer lying on the inside lane of the Fort Bend Tollway about 200 yards north of the Beltway 8 exit toll booths and one half mile south of the Main Street flyover. The rubber covering on the hammer handle is split, but it has no impact on the the hammer's usefulness. This hammer appears to be one of the inexpensive type fiberglass handle hammers that can be purchased at almost any discount tool store for under $10.00

This was one of the tools on my list of tools I want to find on the side of the road.  I have replaced this on my list with Hooke'n Crooke Heron Weeder. I spotted the hammer as I was driving south on my way home from work.  I exited (paying a toll), turned around, reentered the tollway, turned around again at Main Street and then drove down and picked up the hammer, paying the additional toll as I went through the toll booth a second time.  The hammer cost me approximately $2.50 in tolls. The hammer is well worth the price for the story and to own the tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment